System Safety Engineer
The System Safety Engineer will be a key member of a Human Systems Integration (HSI) team supporting a US Coast Guard shipbuilding program. Tasks will focus on the development of system safety requirements, and conducting safety analyses by identifying, documenting, and tracking resolutions of safety anomalies. Qualified candidates must be a US citizen and must have a DoD security clearance or the ability to obtain one within a year of being hired.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific tasks include coordinating, developing, and executing:
- Comprehensive technical data packages
- Safety Assessment Reports
- Preliminary Hazard List
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis
- Subsystem Hazard Analysis
- System Hazard Analysis
- Operating and Support Hazard Analysis
- Health Hazard Assessment
- System Requirement Hazard Analysis
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Development and coordination of presentations to support Safety Review Board and Technical Panels, Laser Safety Review Board, Department of Defense, and Coast Guard Reviews.
Desired Skills and Experience
BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Development, Systems Engineering, or other relevant scientific field. Advanced degree preferred.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in applying System Safety to the design and evaluation of complex systems, including system safety program development, requirements development, and systematically collecting field data.
- Participation in multidisciplinary technical teams in US Navy, US Coast Guard or other DoD environments, applying standards such as MIL-STD-882, MIL-STD-1472F, ASTM F1166, and other relevant documents preferred.
- Experience in coordinating, developing, and executing comprehensive safety and hazard analyses and reports.
- System safety documentation and software safety assurance experience.
- Familiarity/knowledge of control rooms and digital instrumentation and controls.
- Proven computer skills, including expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to identify program points of contact, establish working relationships, develop data sharing and collaborative environments, champion complex and cross-organizational initiatives, and provide high-caliber customer support by developing cooperative relationships with program managers, technical staff and other stakeholders.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills which enable you to work with multidisciplinary teams and influence design.
- Experience in the development and coordination of presentations to support System Safety Reviews.
- Ability to think “outside the box,” and willingness to do whatever’s necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Commitment to continuous improvement, collaborative teamwork, and ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to be a self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision.
About the Company
Humanproof is a Human Systems Integration company designed to turn the tables on traditional consulting and product development. Instead of building things and then thinking of refining them for human use, Humanproof creates a company around the human first, then builds. We are creating an engine for innovation, an idea factory, and a product and process improvement machine. By focusing our talent on human performance, psychology, safety, industrial design, and cognitive processes, we will generate ideas and processes that far exceed anything produced through traditional thinking. The company is dedicated to providing superior quality through continual improvement of products and services, and ensuring customer satisfaction by incorporating knowledge and application of technologies to meet identified needs – anytime-anywhere. We are looking for like-minded people who want to help us achieve our mission and vision by creating a world where everyone has opportunities to achieve their full potential.
Humanproof offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, 401(k) with company match, and other benefits. Humanproof is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Click here to submit a resume.