Due to an aging population, according to recent projections nearly half of the 30 fastest-growing occupations from 2012 to 2020 will be healthcare-related, with a dramatic increase in traditionally low-paying positions, such as home health aides, physician assistants, occupational therapy assistants, and dental hygienists. Accompanying this trend will be rapid growth in new treatment options and medical technologies. To meet this growing demand, millions of people must be recruited and trained. Since many healthcare job applicants will be young and inexperienced, effective selection and training methods will be required to deliver effective services.
With experts in the Human Systems Integration disciplines of Manpower, Personnel, Training, and Human Factors Engineering, Humanproof is fully capable of helping healthcare organizations recruit, hire, and train new staff, and ensure an effective interface between workers, treatment approaches and medical technologies. The goal is to maximize the delivery of effective services while reducing the costs of human error.
Some of the methods Humanproof has at its disposal to produce these results are:
- Synthesize a list of Manpower requirements.
- Formulate a plan and select appropriate tools for conducting manpower, task, and workload analyses.
- Apply appropriate tools to conduct manpower, task, and workload analyses.
- Synthesize a list of Personnel requirements.
- Conduct task analysis and identify the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) required for effective performance.
- Provide design documentation for the development and production of courseware, in addition to training planning data and training course control data.
- Specify the personnel, resources, organization, functions, procedures, and requirements for evaluating training and training equipment.
- Provide training materials allowing trainees to master identified KSAs.
- Ensure that effective interfaces exist among people, treatment approaches, medical devices and technology.